Irini Moustaki is a Professor in Social Statistics in the Department of Statistics at the London School of Economics where she was awarded her PhD in 1996. Her main research interests are latent variable models, structural equation models, analysis of categorical data, methods of estimation, goodness-of-fit, detection of outliers and missing values. She has co-authored books on latent variable models and multivariate data analysis, published many methodological and applied papers and served as an associate editor and editorial member for a number of journals including Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling and the Journal of Educational and Behavioural Statistics. She has taught postgraduate courses on multivariate analysis and multilevel modelling designed for statistics and social science students and run professional short courses in UK and abroad. She is a member of the Technical Advisory Group of the PIAAC project I and II (Program for the International Assessment of Adult competencies) of the OECD. She has been elected Honorary Professor in the Department of Psychological Studies, at The Hong Kong Institute of Education in July 2015. She received an honorary doctorate from the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Uppsala in 2014 and she is the current editor-in-chief of the journal Psychometrika (2014-2018). Some academic publications –indicative of her research work- include the following:
- ·1996: A latent trait and a latent class model for mixed observed variables. British journal of mathematical and statistical psychology, 49(2), 313-334.
- ·2000: (with M. Knott). Generalized latent trait models. Psychometrika, 65(3), 391-411.
- ·2002: (with J. Galbraith, D.J. Bartholomew & F. Steele). The analysis and interpretation of multivariate data for social scientists. CRC Press.
- ·2006: (with M.P. Victoria-Feser 2006). Bounded-influence robust estimation in generalized linear latent variable models. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 101(474), 644-653.
- ·2011: (with D.J. Bartholomew & M. Knott 2011). Latent variable models and factor analysis: A unified approach (Vol. 904). John Wiley & Sons.
- ·2015: (with J. Kuha 2015). Nonequivalence of measurement in latent variable modeling of multigroup data: A sensitivity analysis. Psychological methods, 20(4), 523.
- ·2018: (with I. Papageorgiou). Sampling of pairs in pairwise likelihood estimation for latent variable models with categorical observed variables. Statistics and Computing, 1-15.
Academic Profile by:
Vilelmini Psarrianou, Chief Executive, RSI J