Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg is the Elihu Professor of Economics at Yale University. She was the Editor-in-Chief of the American Economic Review from 2011 to 2016, and Coeditor in 2017 and from 2007 to 2010. She is currently Vice-President of the American Economic Association, Member of the Executive Committee of the Econometric Society, and President of the Eastern Economic Association. She is also Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Recipient of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship in 2010-11 and the Bodossaki Prize in Social Sciences in 2003, Elected Fellow of the Econometric Society, Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), and Board Member of the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD).
Prior to Yale, she was faculty at Princeton and Columbia University.
She has published numerous articles in the areas of applied microeconomics, international trade, and industrial organization. Her current research interests include the effects of trade liberalization on growth and the income distribution, the effects of intellectual property rights enforcement in developing countries, and the determinants of incomplete exchange rate pass-through.
Her most recent publications include:
• Prices, Markups and Trade Reform, with Jan De Loecker, Amit Khandelwal and Nina Pavcnik, Econometrica, Vol.84, 2, March 2016, pp. 445-510.
• Firm Performance in a Global Market, with Jan De Loecker, The Annual Review of Economics, Vol. 6, Aug. 2014, pp. 201-227.
• A Structural Approach to Identifying the Sources of Local-Currency Price Stability, with Rebecca Hellerstein, Review of Economic Studies, Jan. 2013, 80(1), pp. 175-210.
• Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India, with A. Khandelwal, N. Pavcnik and P. Topalova, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 125(4), 2010, pp. 1727-67.
• Intellectual Property Rights Protection in Developing Countries: The Case of Pharmaceuticals, Journal of the European Economic Association, Volume 8, April-May 2010, pp. 326-53.
Academic Profile by:
Assoc.Prof. Aikaterini Kokkinou, RSI J