|Roberta Capello is Full professor of Regional Economics at Politecnico of Milan, Faculty of Building Engineering and President of the RSAI (Regional Science Association International). Her first degree was in Economics at Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan, Italy. Ph.D. in Economics, Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. She’s Editor in chief of the Italian Journal of Regional Science. Co-Editor of Letters in Spatial and Resource Science, Springer Verlag, Berlin. She’s also member of the European Organizing Committee and Treasurer of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) (2000-2006) and member of the Coordination Committee of the Italian Section of the Regional Science Association. National Secretary of the Italian Section of the International Regional Science Association, 1995-98.
In her long research career she has focused in particular on regional growth and regional economics. She’s additional Member of the editorial board of the Annals of Regional Science and of the Revue d’Economie Régionale et Urbaine and Author of a textbook in Regional Economics, published in Italian (Il Mulino, 2004), and in English (Routledge, 2007).
Her most recent publications include (2000-2009):
▪ Capello R. and Spairani A. (2006), “Accessibility and regional growth in Europe. The role of ICTs policies”, in Vertova G. (ed.), The Changing Economic Geography of Globalization, Routledge, London, pp. 192-215
▪ Camagni R. and Capello R. (2006), “An Ex-ante Evaluation of An Urban Project Through Property Value Increases: A Hedonic Price Approach”, in Reggiani A. and Nijkamp P. (eds.), Spatial Dynamics and Modelling, Edward Elgar, pp. 445-486
▪ Capello R. (2006), Knowledge and Accessibility for Regional Cohesion in the Enlarged Europe, special issue of Scienze Regional – Italian Journal of Regional Science, Franco Angeli, Milan
▪ Capello R. and Spairani A. (2006), “Territorial Impact of European Telecommunications Policy”, Scienze Regionali, vol. 5, n. 2, pp. 89-110
▪ Capello R. (2006), “La Economía Regional tras cincuenta años: desarrollos teóricos recientes y desafíos futuros”, Investigationes Regionales, n. 9, pp. 171-194
▪ Capello R. (2007), “Local Patterns of Growth in a Global Perspective: a Territorial Scenario for an Integrated Europe”, in Johansson I. (ed.), Entrepreneurship and Development – Local processes and Global Patterns, University West, Uddevalla, pp. 197-228
▪ Capello R. (2007), “Urban Growth and City Networks: Empirical Evidence from Italy and Europe”, in Henckel D., Pahl-Weber E. and Herkommer B. (eds.), Time, Space, Places, Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, pp. 99-122
▪ Capello R. (2007), Regional Economics, Routledge, Londra
▪ Capello R. (2007), “Spatial Transfer of Knowledge in High-technology Milieux: Learning vs. Collective Learning Processes”, Regional Studies, Vol. 41, n. S1, pp. S161-S174, 40th Anniversary Classic Papers Supplement
▪ Capello R. (2007), “A Forecasting Territorial Model of Regional Growth: the MASST Model”, The Annals of Regional Science, Vol. 41, n. 4, pp. 753-787
▪ Capello R., Camagni R., Fratesi U. e Chizzolini B. (2008), Modelling Regional Scenarios for an Enlarged Europe, Springer Verlag, Berlin
▪ Capello R. (2008), “Regional Economics in Its 50s: Recent Theoretical Directions and Future Challenges”, The Annals of Regional Science, Vol. 42, n. 1
▪ Capello R. and Spairani A. (2008), “Ex-ante Evaluation of European ICT Policies: Efficiency vs. Cohesion Scenarios”, International Journal of Public Policy, Vol. 3, Nos.3/4, pp. 261-281
▪ Camagni R. and Capello R. (2008), “An Ex-ante Evaluation of an Urban Project through Property Value Increases: An Hedonic Price Approach”, in Khakee A., Hull A., Miller D. and Woltjer J. (eds.) (2008), New Principles in Planning Evaluation, Ashagate, Aldershot, pp. 103-137
▪ Camagni, R. and Capello, R. (2009), “Knowledge-based Economy and Knowledge Creation: the Role of Space”, in Fratesi U. and Senn L. (eds.) Growth and Innovation of Competitive Regions: the Role of Internal and External Connections, Springer, Berlin, pp. 145-166
▪ Capello R. and Nijkamp P. (eds) (2009), Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories, Edwar Elgar
▪ Capello R. (2009), “Space, Growth and Development”, in Capello R. and Nijkamp P. (eds), Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories, Edwar Elgar, pp. 33-52
▪ Capello R. and Fratesi U. (2009) “Modelling European Regional Scenarios: Aggressive versus Defensive Competitive Strategies”, Environment and Planning A, vol. 41(2) pp. 481 504
▪ Capello R. (2009), “Indivisibilities, Synergy and Proximity: The Need for an Integrated Approach to Agglomeration Economies”, Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geographie (TESG), vol. 100, n. 2, pp. 145-159
▪ Capello R. (2009), “Spatial Spillovers and Regional Growth”, European Planning Studies, Vol. 17, n. 5, pp. 639-658.
By Antonia P. Obaidou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece