Professor Pavlos Loukakis is Emeritus Professor of Urban Planning at the Panteion University of Athens. Professor Paul Loukakis developed and developing research activities in the fields of urban planning, regional planning and regional development, etc.
Throughout his career Paul Loukakis addition to academic and research activity has developed and continues to develop an extensive project involving the actions of collective scientific and professional bodies. His writings more than 150 publications. Professor P. Loukakis continues the scientific and design work and still active in teaching and research in the graduate program of TOPA.
In 1979 undertook to carry out the master plan of the city of Heraklion and then made a series of important studies, point to some interventions in the city.
His research interests focus on:
- Spatial phenomena and variations in the Greek countryside
- Attempts to create a new institutional framework in the European Union
- Regional development, spatial or territorial development and urban issues
- Strategic spatial planning, contemporary context and characteristics
- Sustainable reuse of building sets policies and culture and leisure activities
- Urban space and housing strategies of immigrants
- Regional convergence and transport
His most recent publications include:
- 2007, Opinion on the background and design planning sustainable development, National council planning and design for sustainable development
- 2005 Regional design and rural development, New technologies in agricultural production and rural development
By Antonia P. Obaidou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece