Athanasios Papadaskalopoulos is a Professor of Regional Analysis and Policy at the Department of Economic and Regional Development at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences and Director of the University Research Institute for Regional Development (ΙΠΑ). He has served as Deputy Chief Financial Officer of Panteion University, President of the Department of Economics and Regional Development, member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Urban Environment and Human Resources of Panteion University and member of the Board of Directors of VIVETVA SA.
His teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels focus on the subject areas of: Regional Science, Regional Analysis Methods, Land and Regional Development Policies and Regional Planning Policies and Regional Planning.
He is the author of several scientific books and articles. His work has been published in reputable international scientific journals and collective volumes on Quantitative Regional Analysis, Regional Policy and Planning, Development Strategy, Impact Assessment of Development Programs, Innovation Policy, etc. .
He has delivered several announcements at scientific conferences in Greece and overseas.
He has extensive hands on practical experience in addition to being scientifically responsible for many national and European programs and studies.
Indicative sole authorship book contributions:
- 2009 Models and regional development policies, Dionikos Publications – (in Greek “Πρότυπα και πολιτικές περιφερειακής ανάπτυξης’’, Εκδόσεις Διόνικος)
- 2000 Methods of regional analysis, Papazisis Publications – (in Greek “Μέθοδοι περιφερειακής ανάλυσης, Εκδόσεις Παπαζήση)
Indicative Co-Authorship Participation in collective works:
- 2012 Work as a growth factor, Papazisis Publications (in Greek ‘‘Η εργασία ως παράγοντας ανάπτυξης’’, Εκδόσεις Παπαζήση).
- 2011 Regional planning and spatial analysis issues, Benou G. Publications (in Greek “Θέματα περιφερειακού σχεδιασμού και χωρικής ανάλυσης, Εκδόσεις Μπένου Γ.”)
- 2010 Regional Science and Politics: Greece and the Balkans, Govosti Publishing (in Greek “ Περιφερειακή επιστήμη και πολιτική: Ελλάδα και Βαλκάνια’’, Εκδόσεις Γκοβόστη)
- 2002 Regional programming, Papazisis Publications (in Greek “Περιφερειακός προγραμματισμός’’, Papazisis Publications)
By Dr. Eleni Stamatiou-Lacroix